Thursday 17 July 2008

Know Your Enemy

Assalamualaikum,

Last week sermon was about realizing about the strategies used by syaitan to set us astray from the path of Allah.

Syaitan is one of our greatest enemies. To be successful in this life and the hereafter, we are bound to make ourselves known of the traps set by syaitan.

Remember satan's covenant with Allah in Suratul Isra (61-65)

And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves unto Adam." They prostrated except Iblîs (Satan). He said: "Shall I prostrate to one whom You created from clay?" (61) [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "See this one whom You have honoured above me, if You give me respite (keep me alive) to the Day of Resurrection, I will surely seize and mislead his offspring (by sending them astray) all but a few!" (62) (Allâh) said: "Go, and whosoever of them follows you, surely! Hell will be the recompense of you (all) - an ample recompense. (63) "And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allâh's disobedience), make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, share with them wealth and children (by tempting them to earn money by illegal ways - usury or by committing illegal sexual intercourse), and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit (64) "Verily! My slaves (i.e the true believers of Islâmic Monotheism), - you have no authority over them. And All-Sufficient is your Lord as a Guardian." (65)

And in Suratul Sad (72-85)

So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him." (72) So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them: (73) Except Iblîs (Satan) he was proud[] and was one of the disbelievers. (74) (Allâh) said: "O Iblîs (Satan)! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands[]. Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?" (75) [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "I am better than he, You created me from fire, and You created him from clay." (76) (Allâh) said: "Then get out from here, for verily, you are outcast. (77) "And verily!, My Curse is on you till the Day of Recompense." (78) [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "My Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are resurrected." (79) (Allâh) said: "Verily! You are of those allowed respite (80) "Till the Day of the time appointed." (81) [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "By Your Might, then I will surely mislead them all, (82) "Except Your chosen slaves amongst them (faithful, obedient, true believers of Islâmic Monotheism)." (83) (Allâh) said: "The Truth is,— and the Truth I say, — (84) That I will fill Hell with you [Iblîs (Satan)] and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together." (85)

The traps used by satan to mislead us can be summarized as follows;
1. Seduce us to take partnership with Allah s.w.t (Shirk)
2. Taint our sincere intention in doing good deeds with pride etc.
3. Encourage us to create innovation in the religion (bid'ah)
4. Tempt us to do grave sins
5. Tempt us to continue doing small sins

Wallahu'alam and TBC with more quotations.

No comments: